Sunday, November 14, 2004

I got administered!

Three months of working out through the night, sleeping off the entire day, endless rounds of coffee at the canteen. All for an examination given by a bunch of people with as much social skills as a penguin invited to the annual get-together of the local school of salmons.

My friends, I have just been administered the GRE Subject Test in Computer Science on the holy day of November the 13th (unfortunately a Saturday), and, believe you me, hell hath no fury like scorned and mocked-at academics.
In the course of these three months, I had to study:
  • Algorithm Design and Analysis
  • Automata Theory
  • Digital Electronics
  • Computer Architecture
  • Operating Systems
  • Compiler Design
  • Computer Networks
  • Programming Methodology
And certain other topics which belong to the wider realms of miscellania. I sure hope I get something out of this test, at least a decent assistantship at some university. Let's see how everything goes.

No comments: